We do ask that if you are not feeling well that you worship at home so as not to put yourself or others at risk. If you have a compromised immune system or other health issues that might put you at risk, we encourage you to worship at home as well. The filmed service for this Sunday will be available for you to watch from home on the church website as well as the church Facebook page. Beginning on Sunday, May 24, we will continue to offer audio recordings of the service on the church website and Facebook page, but no longer video.
What should I expect when I arrive at church on Sunday morning?
- In this first phase of our re-opening plan, we will only be meeting in person for the 8:45am and 11:00am Sunday morning worship services. Infants and children will remain in the service with their families until Kids Creek and Youth Meetings resume. All other regular meetings – including Sunday School, Kids Creek, Youth Meetings, Bible Studies, etc… will reconvene at a later date.
- You may want to plan to arrive a little earlier than usual on Sunday morning to avoid last-minute crowding at the entry doors.
- We recommend that attendees wear a mask or face covering upon entering the worship service out of courtesy for others in attendance.
- You will also be asked the following questions by our team of nurses and medical professionals:
Do you currently or have you recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms related to COVID19?
Have you or someone you’ve been in contact with tested positive for the Corona Virus?
- Upon arriving at building C, you will be welcomed by our greeters who will be wearing gloves and masks to hand out bulletins and answer questions about seating.
- We do ask that you maintain social distancing of 6 feet between the area your family sits and those around you. Seating will be modified to help accommodate the 6-foot recommendation and reminders will be posted.
- Water fountains and coffee will not be available. Feel free to bring your own from home if you would like to do so.
- Before and between services, high-traffic areas – including door handles, seats, restrooms, etc… will be sanitized for your safety and protection. To minimize cleaning and sanitizing, we will keep Buildings A & B locked unless the need for additional space is required to broadcast for overflow services in the fellowship hall.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues will be provided throughout the worship center.
- Additional cleaning supplies will be available in the restrooms for you to use if you would like to sanitize before use.
- Individual, prepackaged communion sets will be available on tables at each door for you to pick up on your way in. They will not be passed during the service. Offering plates will be on the tables as well for you to place your tithes and offerings in as you enter or exit.
- At the conclusion of the service, we ask that you not congregate inside the building to allow for cleaning. If you would like to visit with your Fox Creek family, please do so outside. In doing so, we ask that you please respect the personal space of others.
Though these times are uncertain and these new procedures are not what we’re used to, we will do our best to keep our focus – not on what lies immediately before us, but rather on what lies ahead for us as Christians. In 1 Corinthians 4:16-18, Paul reminds us of what is most important in life.
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are
wasting away, yet inwardly we
are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us
an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on
what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
We understand that this is a lot of information to process and a lot of changes to our normal routine. However, by doing so, we hope to make this as safe and smooth of a transition as possible so we can come together again to worship as a body of believers. We have missed being together and look forward to worshipping with you again soon.
Fox Creek Christian Church Leadership Team